Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating flash animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilasH

Dec 19, 2006
US
I recently used animator to make a video for my company's website (and for my first real attempt, I'm pretty proud). Animator saved it as an avi, then I used Windows Movie Maker to save it to wmv, which was much, much smaller, and more feasible for a website. However, they're worried about mac users, and want it in flash or some more universal format. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Okay, I guess the search feature isn't entirely reliable, since I found a thread from Dec. 6th that didn't show up on the search here, but did through google. So, is camstudio a good solution?

I'll let you in on a little-known secret (never seen it posted here), use CinemaForge. You can convert a video file to many different formats. Simply pick the input source, output source, and video quality and frame-rate and it converts it pretty fast.

The one I am using is from MediaForge, and have been using it for about 3 months and it never asked for a registration code. I originally was using it to convert Youtube videos (flv file format) to wmv format, but found out it converts many other formats to.

SW07 SP2.0

Flores

I might try this CinemaForge. I was just now reading about a converter called SUPER. I keep on getting less than satisfactory results with CamStudio. The image quality is significantly less than the original, and the motion is rather choppy in spots. CBL or others who've used it, is this a problem you've encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back