Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Flexible Hoses 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljbutler

Aerospace
Nov 20, 2013
US
I'm wondering if anyone has a good guide to follow on how exactly to create flexible/deformable assemblies in the mechanical routing package, complete with clocking angles and all that, in NX9.

I've been trying to follow the limited information found in the NX9 help files, and I think I'm very close, but I just need a few more of the final details to get things working properly. I think most of my problems lie in the constraints/ports that I have defined, or the lack using stock, but I'm just not sure.

What I tend to run into is where if I try to move one fitting, the other will not move at all (if not connected to a port), or if I have the opposite fitting attached to a port the moving fitting won't move at all. Other times I try it, the fittings will become disassociated with the hose line itself.

I'm actually incredibly surprised at the lack of information about this topic online, so I would be very helpful for any direction someone might point me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back