Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Lids for Floworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidDesign

Mechanical
May 4, 2006
US
OK I just got an Evaluation version of floworks. I am told I need to create a lid over my ports. How do I do this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am also coming up against this problem.

I have created "lids" to close the model, but once the model is closed, how does one go about selecting the inside faces of the model. that seems kind of... well... physically unintuitive. Is there a hotkey or a menu option I am missing here?

-Andres

P.S. glad to be a new member here, I work with Solidworks alot and usually have just struggled through issues. This is a great resource. :)

Just use the section view, the 'select other' and change transperancy options to select interior faces. A lid is just a lid, but do create it a bit realistic, meaning, if you use it as a flow entrance/exit, remeber the flow will enter/exit that face normal to the face. Usually, working with engines, you end up using either a dome shaped lid or a flat lid.

Stefan Hamminga
EngIT Solutions
CSWP/Mechanical designer/AI student

I don't know if this applies to floworks or not since I haven't used it, but as an alternative to using the 'select other' method for selecting inner faces I like to create an exploded view of the assembly.
With an exploded view I can make the inner faces visible and easy to access simply by moving them away from the other parts of the assembly. If intuitive control is what you are interested in, that is how I would do it.

This...is my voice...on T..V...

I create my lids quite large, such that the faces that are in contact with the fluid are also visible from the "outside". this makes selecting inner faces a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back