Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Creep buckling analysis abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

asvipin

Mechanical
Nov 27, 2014
IN
How to perform a creep buckling analysis in Abaqus?
Since Buckling analysis and creep analysis is different steps in Abaqus (Visco & Buckle), how to proceed with high temperature buckling analysis?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

mustaine3 said:
Thanks for your reply, I am trying a simple problem as you suggested.
How to do an analysis with imperfection also?. Imperfection is incorporated from buckling modes, so in this case the sequence becomes contradictory.

Linear buckling analysis is made from eigenproblem analysis from the stiffness without imperfection, you will have different buckling loads for different stiffnesses and geometries. If you get imperfections from first buckling analysis you will get new buckling loads.

Maybe you are thinking about non-linear buckling analysis with initial imperfections?

Edit:

In non linear buckling analysis the imperfections are incorporated by scaling of mode shapes from linear buckling analysis. Is it possible to incorporate imperfections from linear buckling analysis and then do a visco step (creep) and finally nonlinear buckling analysis? I think this sequence can predict creep buckling. Provide your suggestions (I am doing a study on cylindrical shell under external pressure)

There is no such thing as a "non-linear buckling analysis". It is going to contained in the visco step when you turn non-linear geometry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back