Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creep in femap

Status
Not open for further replies.

domenicob

Aerospace
Jan 2, 2008
IT
hi there, i'm new to fem and femap environment
i would like to know how to perform a creep analisys with femap using MSC nastran.
I got some trouble in the analisys selection.
I read somewhere on the user guide that i have to run two different subcases the first with a static load and the second with the same loads but with the creep analisis set in Model>loads>NonlinearAnalisys.
what kind of analisys do i have to select when exporting the files? (static,nonlinear transient...etc)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Creep is time-dependent so you may set it up as a transient analysis with an elasto-visco-plastic material. I have never done creep in Nastran, but you certainly need one of creep models of the form creepstrainrate = f(stress,creep strain, time,temperature) with f = function depending on stress or stress and time. However, you can also include temperature effects but also make it dependent on evolved creep strain.

These are socalled power law based creep models. Usually it means that you need exprimental data in order to fit one of the models to experiments in order to determine model constants, as the program only asks the model constants which are usually unknown unless you do experiments en fit the curves.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back