Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creo 2.0 solid model leaving tracing lines when its moved or rotated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParametricIQ

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2010
US
Greetings my Friends in Pro E World

I have Creo 2.0 when i move the solid model tracing lines or multiple images of the same are apearing following the original model the same as points in sketch and so on.

I have Pro E 4.0 and that problem do not happen on it. The video card that i have its good for Pro E. my Computer its an ASUS.

If any of you would have a solution or suggestion please kindly respond to this question.

Best Regards
Faust

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is your video card? Being 'good for Pro/E' and being a certifed card by PTC are 2 different animals.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

PTC requires a higher level of OpenGL for Creo than WF4. So a card that was certified before may not be acceptable for Creo. You might be able to fix this with a driver update, I would try that. Make sure you can roll it back, newer is not always better.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Also, the CAD vendors do not just certify a graphics card or CPU chip. They all certify a complete computer. Even if you have the same graphics card that PTC has certified in a Dell, HP or Lenovo, that card in an Asus is NOT certified. The hardware vendors work the software companies to certify thei machines. the software vendors will then provide support for graphics issues that arise with their software on a certified system. I have kbnow software vendors to tell you to test your error on a certified system them let us know if you still have a problem.

Drivers may also be an issue and the latest driver may not be certified or even the best for a version of the software. Many times I have installed the prior to latest driver to get an issue resolved.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I want to thank you to every one of you for your knowledge and time to answer my question.
I will look in to the video cards and find out the ones certified.

Thank you.
Best Regards
Faust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back