Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Creo Drawing Symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesEng1986

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2019
GB
Hi, Does anyone know how to call out system/part parameters in a symbol note. I want to create a simple custom symbol that uses &model_name:att_mdl. This works when typed in a note, but not when added as a note in a symbol. I've tried \model_name:att_mdl\ but the variable text syntax doesn't work.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I did a symbol with ptc_wm_revision which is a system parameter. In my symbol the text is \ptc_wm_revision\.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Hi Ben,

Yes normally in a drawing symbol you use the syntax \text\ to create a variable field in the symbol. The preset value can then be used to call out the model parameter as &param_name, etc. But when you try and use the modifier :att_mdl it doesn't work. I haven't yet found a way to nake this work, but when I add a leader note manually and use :att_mdl it calls the parameter fine.

It's been a while - what does att_mdl represent? Ok :att is to say "get the attribute from the exact part or feature in an assembly that the arrow is attached to.

I used to have a full list of all the parameters available to symbols, but have lost track of it. A reminder of the parameter might jog my recall.

Does this work:
Far longer discussion:
Maybe it isn't possible - what would the symbol fill in if there is no leader?

I do know that custom symbols defined as replacements for BOM balloons can have the model name as a parameter; those are guaranteed to have a leader to identify what they apply to. Perhaps make a repeat region and assign a symbol there and just hide the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back