Creo - Variant Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREO_Fragen

Industrial
Jan 8, 2023
DE
Hi,
I have an organisational or technical question regarding the implementation in Creo. I design devices that can be configured by the customer with various options. For this purpose, I have built a master device in Creo in which all options are built in as individual groups, so that the individual groups can be shown and hidden depending on the configuration requirements. The challenge is that for some options not only something is added, but also "standard parts" are replaced by special parts. Now I want to create drawings for the standard and the respective options for the production. For this, however, not all groups should always be visible in the individual drawings. However, if groups are suppressed in the assembly, they are not visible in all associated drawings. If you only hide them, they are there again the next time you open the drawing. My approach would now be to generate simplified representations in the View Manager, i.e. standard model with e.g. option 1 and then use this for one drawing, for the second drawing then another representation and so on. I wonder if this is practical when constructive changes are made, as then the part would have to be defined for each simplified representation (visible or invisible for representation 1,2,3...).
The problem is that creating individual files for each built-in option is not a solution, as there are a large number of variants and their combinations.
Does anyone have experience in this regard and can help me with the content? Would the topic slides help if necessary? I have not yet been able to deal with this and do not know what would be possible with it.
Many thanks in advance!

Edit: Family Tables are not possible because it's too complex

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Considering family tables were created for this purpose and simplified reps don't do any configuration control, I expect that you need to spend more time learning how family tables work.

I really do like it when people use simplified reps for this purpose. I got paid a large amount of money to undo the damage to the record keeping that approach does. Note that creating simplified reps is just the same effort as save-as to create a new file that gets some changes made to it - the same amount of work to maintain.

I have a small amount of experience of assy drawings so my advice might not be of help.

When producing views that only show specific items, I have used the simple rep method as you suggest or the COMPONENT DISPLAY function in the layout workbench.

This function allows you to blank and unblank components from the assy in the view.

Using Creo 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back