Creo Won't Let Me into a Group 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

treddie

Computer
Dec 17, 2005
US
Hello.

This is weird. Never run into this before. If I am working in a part file, sometimes I will group many features into a group to clean up the overall tree. I can easily get to all of the features in that group. But now all of a sudden, if I close that file and reopen it, I cannot move the insertion point inside the group. I am locked out of it, unless I ungroup the group. Then I can get to the features. If I ungroup the group and then regroup it, same problem. Restarting Creo has no effect.

Not sure if this has any bearing on the problem, but lately, I have been putting my computer to sleep every night instead of shutting it down. Whenever, I wake it back up, Creo has a warning message that data may have been lost.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you select File-New, there is a line at the bottom with a check box for Use default template.
A template file has settings that your co0mpany wants to have in all files, like parameters, or certain planes, etc. There is a file, usually named startpart.prt, someplace in your Templates folder that is opened by Creo and renamed to your new file name. It does the rename in background and you don't have to do anything.

Next time you have issues, try to open a new part with the Use default template box unchecked and see what the difference is. In fact, it wouldn't hurt to experiment and create a new file now and see what the differences are so you get a better feeling for what the template file does.

I am using Creo 4 m060 and have been using Pro/E since version 2000i. Before that I used Unigraphics from UG2V3 to V18 and have used NX1, 4 and 6 between my Pro/E jobs. Started on Applicon in 1977 in school, but didn't get fulltime with CAD until 1987 with UGII V3. I am also a Windchill administrator using Windchill 11.0.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back