Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Criticality Analysis of Mooring Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

sy123

Dec 1, 2005
US
Hello,
I am working on setting up a Criticality Matrix for mooring components used in station keeping of offshore platforms. I wonder if any engineers or consultants who post in this forum has prior experience in this regard? if you do, could you please give me some information on the following :

1) what is range of cost estimates ( ex: 0 - $10 million) in the event of a mooring component failure considering into the effect the following (a) parts repair costs (b) downtime (c)availability constraint.

The mooring components failure modes I am looking at are :

a) Suction Pile failure
b) Shackle Failure
c) Polyester Rope failure
d) Chain Jack failure
e) Socket failure

2) What is the operations downtime in the event of a mooring component failure. What factors do I need to take into account to calculate the operations downtime?? And how do I assign a cost factor to operations downtime? How do I assess the replacement costs?

3) Can anyone refer me to literature on FMECA analysis of offshore mooring systems?

4) Can anyone point me towards some statistics of mooring component failure?? any publications or reports?

Thanks,

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back