Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CRN certification review time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

valvernator

Mechanical
Aug 13, 2009
TW
Hi , I am in a process of taking my valve product to registered in Canada. On the CRN information pages, it tells the price per hour, but does any one know how long does it take to "review" a 1" 3-piece valve product?

I actually have 6 products with 4 different sizes for each, which comes to total of 23 valves to be reviewed. Can anyone help with this? Thanks a lot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

...well, you are actually evaluating buying a product, a review certification. The seller ought to know the price of his products, any problems asking him....? ( ;-) )

Hello Valvenator,
Sorry I missed this posting, and likely since this is June you're already in the thick of the CRN waiting process. Perhaps this can help others.

A few points:
A) Initial wait times will vary by jurisdiction.
-TSSA's (Ontario) normal service will be 3-4 weeks before your submission gets reviewed.
-ABSA (Alberta) will take 8 weeks minimum before it gets reviewed.
-Other provinces usually are 2-3 weeks for initial review.

B) Review time depends on the submission:
-I wouldn't recommend submitting them individually. Rather, if properly laid out and supporting documentation is correct, then you can cover range by interpolation and the process can be nicely streamlined.
-Whether they are proven by FEA, Classical Calcs, or Burst testing, this all affects the complexity of review as well.

C)I assume since you said "Canada", that you want the valves registered for use across all jurisdictions in Canada. For valves, be sure to check if exemptions apply for BCSA (British Columbia) and Saskatchewan.

Overall then, for Canada-wide approval, you're likely looking at 4-6 months total.

These are just a few points to start with. Likely you're already in the process, maybe it will help others.

valvernator,
It depends. :) They will use whatever it will take. Usually, 2-4 hours for each application. They will send you invoice in the end.
I recommend you to group your applications by type. Each application will include all sizes of one type. So you will have "only" 6 applications, which will reduce you bill a lot.

Good luck,

Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back