Status
Not open for further replies.

K.P.M.

Mechanical
Jun 5, 2015
IN
Hello everyone,

I need guidance regarding CRN.
If my vessel is approved with ASME sec. VIII code edition 2019 & I take CRN approval . Now by next year If i have repeat order & at that time 2021 edition is mandatory so I have to revised by calculation & drawing to implement 2021 edition although there is no any design change.

Then , will I need to go for CRN re-approval or can I continue with last one. ?
In CRN certificate, approved drawing revision number is mentioned which will going to revised.

Please guide.

KPM

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use old CRNs all the time. I verify the drawing/calcs are good for the new Code Edition and sign them as being Code compliant. I have also revised drawings because some older drawings have been done by hand. If this is the case, I reference the old CRN in the drawing number, MDR and anywhere else it may be required.
Haven't had any issues to date.

It depends.

CRN approval for fittings expire after 10 years and if a fitting is registered in one province it will be valid in that province for 10 years from the approval date. If the same fitting is registered in another province at a later date, it will expire in all provinces at the 10th anniversary of the registration in the first province

Pressure Vessel and Boiler do no expire.

Source:
1. PVEng 2. CSA B51.

I agree with David, we use old CRNs all the time. As long as you can provide some evidence that you've reviewed the design used in the CRN application against the code in force at the time of fabrication, and that the design tied to the CRN won't need to change, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back