Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crop view on section view 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindseyAC

Mechanical
Jun 3, 2009
US
I am trying to crop a section view and it won't do it. Isn't it suppose to? I also tried to crop a regular view and it won't do it there either. What am I doing wrong?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

first I drew a circle (I also tried a polyline) around the part I wanted to keep. Then I picked crop view from the toolbar. It gave me a message " Please sketch a closed sketch profile in the drawing view to create a crop view"

If I do that the icon for crop view grays out and is unavailable. My system has 2GB ram and my video card is FX3450/4000 SDI. I have a lot of problems with SW. Could this be the reason?

It sounds like the crop profile is not attached to a view.

Before drawing the crop profile, lock the view focus. This will ensure the profile 'belongs' to the view.

If you are having lots of other problems with your install of SW, maybe a re-install is in order ... or at least a repair.

Tried that, didn't work...same thing I cannot pick crop view if anything is selected. I right clicked on the view and picked lock view focus, is that how to do it?

No, My co worker tried to do the same thing to my drawing on his computer and had the same results. Must be something wrong with the drawing (model)

Here is what I found out from SolidWorks and just want to pass it on. My section was created with a section line that was not a straight line. If your section line is not straight, you cannot do anything to the section view. Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back