Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Break lines disappearing on drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

srslykeeds

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2013
US
Hello all,

I have a cross break feature on a sheet metal part and when I bring up the part in a drawing and try to section view on the drawing, the cross break lines disappear. Does anyone know what's causing this?

I know it's just a reference feature and it's not actually performing the cross break on the part but I still need the lines on the drawing to dimension it.

Odd thing is that on a separate sheet metal part, the cross break shows up on the drawing with section views and all. Any help is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the cross-break actually a sketch and not a feature? If so then you might only have to find the sketch in the drawing view and set it to show.

- - -Updraft

I like Updraft's answer, however sometimes - a similar problem can arise when you 'crop' a view - it's a good idea to only have one, or another - not both.

Nella95

Updraft: It is a feature. But I believe Solidworks just makes it a visual feature for representation purposes.

Cross-brake is not a "real" feature, like flange. It is only a sketch that allows you to dimension, etc... on the fabrication drawings. If you actually want to show it correctly, or truely represent the fabricated part you have to make "tool" to "stamp" the part. It's just much faster to say what you want to happen instead of "show" it correctly in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back