Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-Hatching Webs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorBlimeyLimey

Mechanical
Nov 5, 2003
CA
In thread559-137332 a member asks how to NOT show cross-hatch on webs/spokes of a single solid part.

SW does not seem to allow easy exclusion of specific areas of cross-hatching, yet it follows recognised standards for all/most things.

What is the current accepted practice for this. Are webs/spokes to be hatched or not.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Last time I checked, ribs & webs should not be hatched. Don't remember which standard that is. Most of the software has a little bit of catching up to do in regards to this particular issue.

I would say why not hatch them? The standards are probably like so because hatching was a pain in the old days and the less hatching you can do - the easier it is, and side benefit is to perhaps help in identifying webs and ribs?

I suppose you could model a web as a seperate body and see if that helps you to avoid SW hatching it.

I agree that software has a lot of catching up to do with the standards... but the standards also have a lot of catching up to do with the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back