Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crower Six Stroke Engine 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudaracer

Electrical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have recently read in an automotive trade magazine that Bruce Crower of Crower Cams has designed and patented a new six stroke gasoline engine that uses steam produce a second power stroke that is produced from water injection. This engine design is supposed to produce equal horsepower, but a 40% decrease in fuel consumption and a significant decrease in emissions. I have looked online to find more information about it, but have not found any. I have read the other posts on the six stroke engine cycle, but it looks like Crower's design might be more feasible. I am curious of your opinions on the future use of this technology to be used in the future, and where to find more information on it.

Thanks,
Don

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Presumably your grantors would want to own a substantial fraction of any intellectual property issuing from the grants.

Discussing _any_ of your research outside an NDA, much less in a public forum, compromises your ability to protect resulting inventions, and therefore your ability to raise money.

Further discussion is contraindicated.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back