Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSO Diversion Chamber Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sri165

Civil/Environmental
Jan 3, 2005
US
hi,

Can anyone suggest me good reference book or design manual for CSO Diversion Chamber Design.

Thank You
Srikanth

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please explain alittle more on what you want this chamber to do. Divert high flows one way and low flows another?
That would be a weir in the flow. Pipe sizes?

thanks

i want to to learn about designing diversion chambers to direct high flows one way(to a storage system). i am not sure about the pipe sizes. looking for a good reference for general diversion chamber design

There probaly isn't one. Draw up a few and run the numbers. start with a pipe A giving you x cfs low flow. Then look at what cfs will be needed to overtop the wier wall. and make some educated guesses at your storage volume. The trick is to get the stored sewerage back to the treatment plat. com to think of it, Milwaukee has done a lot of this type of work. Also Cook Co., IL. Call them up.

Most combined sewer systems has someone that can give you, or point you to the information you need for the design flows.

As Dicksewerat said you can use weirs for the overflow. You can use some type of an inflatable dam, or a fancy lift gate. The simplest solution is usually the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back