Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSTRESS value is not obtained when using GETVRMAVGATNODE function 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajith Kurian Baby

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2020
IN
For simulating a wear problem, I use the call function in subroutine,

call GETVRMAVGATNODE(NODE,'CSTRESS',ARRAY,JRCD,JELEMLIST,NELEMS,JMATYP,JGVBLOCK).

when the function is called, the job get aborted. it seems like its not able to obtain CSTRESS value.
The other functions like GETVRN, GETPARTINFO, GETNODETOELEMCONN is working fine. can you help me to solve this issue. I had enabled Contact in field output as well.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This line of your code looks correct. Most likely it causes problems but in connection with other lines. Try this:

CALL GETNODETOELEMCONN(NODE,NELEMS,JELEMLIST,JELEMTYPE,JRCD,JGVBLOCK)
LOCNUM = 0
JRCD = 0
PARTNAME = ' '
CALL GETVRMAVGATNODE(NODE,'CSTRESS',ARRAY,JRCD,JELEMLIST,NELEMS,JMATYP,JGVBLOCK)

It's from "Numerical Modelling of the Effect of Fretting Wear on Fretting Fatigue" thesis by J.J. Madge.

thanks for the suggestion.

result1_kuadt8.png

result_2_citgsw.png

msg_xdrxk2.jpg

As seen in the picture, there is no reaction force in the lower body. the contact pressure distribution is also shown in figure.
when the subroutine is called, the value of velocity shown is very low and Cstress and Cpress is shown zero.
What may be the reason for it. please help me to solve this issue

Reaction forces can be read only for nodes that are constrained in a given direction.

In previous thread we were discussing the boundary conditions. How are they applied now ?

Boundary conditions are applied only at the surfaces. The body is constrained at top surface in the upper body and bottom surface in the lower body.
The lower body is completely fixed (all dof's) at the bottom face. For the upper body, all rotational degrees of freedom and movement in x direction is fixed on its top face. pressure is applied on the same face only. i tried giving motion in z direction to upper body by giving periodic motion to top face also tried it by giving motion to entire top block.

Even though CPRESS is shown in figure, umesh motion subroutine displays it as zero.

Clearly your subroutine’s code has correct syntax (otherwise it would still cause some compilation errors) but something is wrong with the way it works.

In such case the best approach is to reduce the complexity of the problem and start testing from very simple code. Then add next features up to the point when it stops working correctly. This way you should be able to determine the actual cause of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back