Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSWP - Are you Certified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uGlay

Mechanical
Jan 6, 2006
If so, how long have you been using SW and when did you get certified in relation to your learning curve of the program.

How much time and $ did it take for you to be CSWP. Do you feel like it was worth the time and effort?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have the cert and don't have plans to persue it. Between staying up to speed on the new releases of SW, there's the Add-in's that are updated as well. New materials, new processes, new production methods, blah, blah, blah. I have a lot of respect for the people that master any aspect of thier job and are able to pass a certification test to show it but CSWP does not look like a pressing need for me.

Harold
SW2008 SP3.0 OPW2008 SP0.1 Win XP Pro 2002 SP2
Dell 690, Xeon 5160 @3.00GHz, 3.25GB RAM
nVidia Quadro FX4600

Harold,
Are you saying your post was edited? That would normally only happen by request (Red Flag) or if site management felt the content was contrary to forum policies/etiquette.

[cheers]

Yes, that is the case. My post was edited. As was yours I do believe. Did yours not say "Save" and "Save as Copy" origonally? The basic intent of my comment is intact but it gives me concern that my posts are edited without request and without cause. I certainly didn't say anything meriting a flag, nor would I. I have my company site attached to my signature and I use my real name.

Harold
nVidia Quadro FX4600

I submitted a Red Flag against my own post requesting that correction. To my mind there is a big difference between "Save" and "Save as", and I wanted that distinction to be clarified.

The Red Flag is not necessarily a negative function. It can also be used for the positive. But should never be used for the frivolous.

Without repeating what was edited out, how was yours edited?
[ponder] I guess that's kind of impossible isn't it ... "Tell me what was edited without telling me what was edited." [lol]

[cheers]

I understand. I wish there had been an email notification that your requested edit effected my post. Like I said, my basic point is intact. The edited section was a correction to your post and a passing comment as to the nature of the complexity of the referenced question. Lets not let this issue get the post off topic any further. Thanks for your concern CBL.

Harold
nVidia Quadro FX4600

anyways, I took the test and didn't pass it. The questions are not hard but it seems to me the test is more like a test of how to model stuff fast. Being an industrial designer I have never made it an emphasis to model things quickly as I have to take many factors into consideration. Also, you are basically copying a part and replicating it into 3D which in my case is not something I ever do, the total opposite I have to do stuff from scratch and with my own criteria.

Oh well, I can sit here and rationalize all the reasons why I didn't pass it but I guess the bottom line is that I suck!! hahaha.

Anywas, I took screenshots of all the 18 questions, If someone would like to try them out let me know and I will host them and post them in this thread.

Anyways, I took screenshots of all the 18 questions, If someone would like to try them out let me know and I will host them and post them in this thread.

I don't think that is a good idea... Not that I think SW will come and get you or anything. Its just that I don't think the questions are different for anybody else... Maybe they are, but when I took it, a friend took it shortly after and we discussed it afterwards and the problems were the same... maybe different numbers, but essentially the same. At best, there are a limited number of modeling problems.

I agree with your observations.

-Dustin
Professional Engineer
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Anywas, I took screenshots of all the 18 questions, If someone would like to try them out let me know and I will host them and post them in this thread.

Please DO NOT post the questions here ... or anywhere else for that matter! They will be immediately Red Flagged for removal. Posting the test questions would totally invalidate the CSWP certification. The whole idea of the test (however flawed it may be) is to show a level of proficiency with SW ... not the level to which you can sink by cheating.

Several threads have already been removed from the SolidWorks forum because they gave too much information.

[cheers]

uGlay said:
The questions are not hard but it seems to me the test is more like a test of how to model stuff fast.
I agree with uGlay. The pictures are hard to read and you can easily miss something. I wish SolidWorks would offer a couple of practice tests before spending my money on the real one.

They do....sort of. There's a sample CSWA on the website. I didn't really see much more in the CSWP other than a bit of in-context stuff.

-handleman, CSWP (The new, easy test)

When I was looking at the requirements for a Wisconsin P.E., I came across a page listing requirements for P.I. Now there's a cool business card: "Tick: P.I.P.E." With a P.I. license I'd also be eligible for a concealed weapon permit. That could make design review meetings much more interesting...

Has anybody bothered with the CSWPCDES yet?

Joe Hasik, CSWP
SW 08 x64, SP 3.0
Dell T3400
Intel Core2 Quad
Q6700 2.66 GHz
3.93 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back