Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CTRL & TAB then move mouse causes Acad LT 2012 to "Flicker"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusN

Structural
Oct 12, 2010
CA
I've been searching google for the better part of the day and only came up with the suggestion to go to Options > Selection > Uncheck Selections Modes which has no effect.

Using Acad 2012 LT on XP, what is happening is when there are 2+ dwgs open and the user hits CTRL+TAB to cycle to the other dwg ACAD seems to give control to the mouse to cycle the drawings. So when the mouse is moved the screen has a flickering effect but if I move the mouse very slowly it is actually cycling between all the drawings. It seems like some type of active command because if I ESC or CTRL+TAB again the mouse has no control over the cycling.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's still doing it.

I'm leaning towards him tinkering with something becasue his is the only machine affected with this.

I'm probably going to end up uninstalling the program and profile and bring it back stock.

Mmmmm...

XP, AutoCAD, video drivers...

There is an issue with NVidia graphics drivers when running XP on (some) computers built for later Windows systems. All sorts of problems manifest themselves with this and much time and effort has been used to try and sort it. This was even found on a replacement computer with an ATI card...

Our IT Dept. solved the issue by converting the whole company to Windows 7 platforms for CAD workstations because NVidia, AutoCAD and Microsoft were all "market leaders" and expected everyone else to conform to their systems rather than fix a bug in their system(s).

If you can't beat them join them. It just meant we had to upgrade our hardware before it was due. C'est la vie

Is the mouse wireless? Is their special mouse drivers that were installed on the computer?

I had my mouse do some funky stuff with the scrolling in autocad and different commands until I uninstalled the 3rd party mouse drivers and let XP figure out the mouse on it own, worked great.

Might be similiar?

Jeffery V C.E.T.

"If Brute force doesn't solve your problem, your not using enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back