Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Curve Pattern on helix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello again,
please find in the attachment the SW file. My goal is, by using 3d curve running through the center of hole, to create curve pattern of the hole across helix modeled sheet metal. It does show in preview holes, but when I press ok it gives me an error like I need to click on edge, plane or something to specify direction. However, when I click on edge or anything that is suppose to tell the direction, that input is not accepted by SW. Thanks in advance.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2399cf72-5733-4101-a6a1-29b9abf72f3a&file=CVR-SM_2019_07_23.SLDPRT
Something like this (I snapped the settings):

Capture_sdoytu.png

The part is included in attachement.

"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert"
Arthur C. Clarke Profiles of the future

Thanks. For some reason, I can see your solution and all works without issue. However, when I try to re-create very same thing on very same file with exactly same settings, it does not allow me to select face on "Face Normal". Regardless, thanks. I guess I need to create new file and try it again.
Best regards,

Figured it out. I did not realize that your face was on inside end of curve (not outside, which I constantly tried to select). Now everything works without issue. Big thanks again. Cheers,

You are welcome. I should be more specific about face being "in the back"

"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert"
Arthur C. Clarke Profiles of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back