CUSTOM BOM & PARAMETERS - SURFACE AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashif Naseem

Mechanical
Aug 15, 2017
SA
I am running Creo Elements 5.0

I want to be able to customize the BOM table to include surface area for all the sheet metal parts in the assembly.

I have been playing around with parameters & relations for a while but I keep getting error.

One solution was posted in this forum back in 2003 and the link is below. but its not working for me.

Please need your guidance on this one.

Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What did you do? What happens when you add the parameter to a column: choose asm.mbr.user defined and type area in the box ?

I expect it is giving the surface area of the entire part, so if you want just the one face you can either change the relation to divide by 2 and put up with the area of the sheared faces or create a measurement of just one face and use that.

Okay, I wrote it as below

surf_area_1=mp_surf_area("")/2

and it works! Gives me surface area for 1 surface.

I just have one question.

I have assembly of components and sheet metal parts. I would like to create a BOM for the full assembly but only showing me the sheet metal parts, without the need to filter the components which is quite time consuming.

Is there a way to achieve that in repeat region?

@Kashif Naseem

One potential way to do this I'm thinking is have a simplified representation that only show the sheet metal parts, then have a BOM that is driven by that simplified representation

Its been a while since I have done that so I am not sure it will solve your problem

THIS SIGNATURE IS INTENTIONALLY BLANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back