Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Excel BOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUBOISM

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2003
US
I am trying to create a custom Excel BOM which consists of several lines of information before the actual columns from which SolidWorks will propagate its information. When this BOM is inserted into a SolidWorks Drawing it shifts information, and duplicates information when CTL Q is selected. Can anyone advise as to what I am doing wrong or perhaps if this is a known bug? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SWHelp said:
The design table can include additional columns or rows for information only (notes, intermediate calculations, and so on). Use the keyword $USER_NOTES in the header of any column or row that you do not want evaluated. You may use as many of these rows or columns as you need. However, you may not include rows or columns with empty headers in the middle of the table.

The above quote is from SW Help file design tables, user notes index. Although it does not state that the first column should not be used, the example picture shows the $USER_NOTES being in the 2nd or "B" column.

[cheers] from (the City of) Barrie, Ontario.

[bugeyed] I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose [shocked]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back