Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Hole Wizard Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUBOISM

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to create a custom Hole Wizard hole? I am looking to create Dowel holes to be specific. I would like the option for the hole to be a Press of Slip fit. Also would like the tolerance information to propagate to the detail level when using Hole Callouts. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There was a thread that I can't find anymore showing you this. Look into using Tools\Options\System Options\Edit Data

Create a derived DB and there you can change and add more information. After that if you have any fiels you want to add you can do a "Add my parts wizard" to add your files to that DB.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Thanks for the direction, I figured out how to create the custom Dowel holes, but now I need to distribute them to other users? The Default.mdb did not work, nor did a copy of the reg file...any suggestions?

Regards,

Mike

Check the SW Help files hole wizard, custom standards

Also check
Thread559-88481
Thread559-85994
Thread559-63157

[cheers] from (the City of) Barrie, Ontario.

[ponder] If you choke a smurf, [smurf] what color does it turn?

Hmmm ... seems like it ... I copied that post from a previous post I submitted & I usually cut & paste the thread hyperlinks so as not to mistype. I guess there's no way of finding out what was in there now [sad]

[cheers] from (the City of) Barrie, Ontario.

[ponder] If you choke a smurf, [smurf] what color does it turn?

If you have made a Derrived Standard with the Hole Wizard data in SolidWorks 2004, you can copy the SWBrowser.mdb file to the other stations as needed.

However, the better approach is to modify the Toolbox.ini on each station to point to a copy of the correct SWBrowser.mdb on a mapped network drive. That way you will be prepared for a later upgrade to SolidWorks Office with Toolbox.

If you already have at least one seat of Toolbox, follow the instructions for a shared installation, and then copy the Toolbox.ini from that station to all stations with and without Toolbox.
In 2004, HoleWizard and Toolbox data are shared out of the one SWBrowser.mdb which is what gives you the power to modify standards and share the entire dataset.

DesignSmith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back