Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

huey1d

Mechanical
Jan 4, 2005
US
In our title blocks, we have a block for "sheets".

Currently we use $PRP:"SW-Current Sheet" OF $PRP:"SW-Total Sheets"

On our sheetmetal drawings, on the last sheet we place a flat pattern that we use to create a DXF. We even label the last sheet "DXF". We really don't want SolidWorks to count the DXF sheet as one of the total sheets.

My questions is: Is there a way of subracting a sheet named "DXF" from the statement $PRP:"SW-Current Sheet" OF $PRP:"SW-Total Sheets"?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not that I know of.

Could you just not use the total number of sheets function? Is it really a can't-live-without item?

or ...

Create a "NumberOfSheets" property in the drawing and link to that instead of the "SW-Total Sheets". Obviously you'll need to manually set/change the property.

[cheers]

We use a separate file for flat layouts that will get DXFed for programming. The file gets the same name as the drawing except it gets a "NC" suffix.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2006 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2007 SP2.0 on WinXP SP2

Are you using a PDM system? Keeping track of multiple drawings for same part should be no problem then.

I have worked at places where it was necessary to keep mltiple drawings for parts (usually for in-process inspection).

Do you really need to keep a sheet for the DXF? We simply create a temporary drawing of the flat pattern, save as DXF, then delete that drawing. We just keep the DXF. That only takes every bit of 2 minutes, so it's not a hassle.

SW07 SP2.0

Flores

I wanted the exact same thing, spoke with our VAR and they had no solutions other than a macro to create a seperate drawing just for the dxf. I also submitted an enhancement request to SW, maybe if more of us did that it might be a future option.

SW 2007 SP 2
Dell Inc. Precision WorkStation 670
2048 Megabytes Installed Memory
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
Windows XP PRO SP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back