Custom tapered standoff ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan_young_1983

Industrial
Dec 15, 2021
CA
Hello everyone,

First post so hopefully I've followed the proper procedure and posting in the right forum.

I'm looking for a component similar to a tapered standoff at least I think that is what is it called. I attached a drawing of the component I'm looking for.

Would appreciate some feedback on what this component is actually called and where I could find a supplier. Trying to avoid going custom.

Capture123_qlkoyr.png

Thank,

Alan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It looks like some sort of locating pin with a circlip groove at the top end for retention, material and what this thing came off might help with a name but off the top of my head its just a pin.

“Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.” Albert Einstein

Would need it made from 316 stainless steel.

It is pretty much a pin with a groove for c-clip.

I'm trying to find a supplier for these. Approximately 400/annually. Doesn't need to be exactly as drawn.

Thanks,

Alan

Hi again

Well I think depending on your location if you google something like “machine shops” it would produce lots of places where you could get them made and once you have a supplier you could give him the item itself and ask them to make 400 like this 😀

“Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.” Albert Einstein

Hi Metalfixer,

Yes, it is very similar to a weld stud but with a taper and a groove for clip ring.

We're trying to find a supplier who has something similar in stock as oppose to going custom which can be very costly.

Alan

Uselessly that is two copies of the same picture. More useless - no source of that picture is mentioned. Neither is helpful as we already know exactly what is wanted and that picture isn't it. It always amazes me that marketing graduates think that engineers won't notice the low quality and vague answers when they post.

Sorry David-T - you are in marketing with a marketing degree. Not an engineer. Your answer is useless, but you are advertising for your company, which is prohibited in the forum.

Better to offer no answer than the wrong answer.

I just showed my attitude to different characters.
Also, tell me if my signature or other aspects disobeying forum rules? If i post any mail, phone, or other instant contact?
Let me tell you why i don't share a link cause there's no link, it's found from a PC software.
Next time, it would be proper to throw a conclusion out after knowing all information.

David
Mechanical project manager
JLFY technology company

What PC Software did you use that has pictures that have no other information about the item? It's certainly nothing like the part that is required. I could make thousands of such pictures, all for things that cannot help the person asking for help. I bet it's from advertising for parts your company made for some customer and you have no idea what it does or what it was for.

None of your posts has any more than a Google search provides, often less, no personal experience to help, no leads to applicable information.

As i mentioned before, you always give your conclusion easily without proof.
Let me tell you what the part apply for, then you can keep away from discussing it with me.
The part is a C-pin to ensure in the process of moving and fixing the mold, it can keep normal alignment, so as to avoid the mold is not fixed in place.
And the software i used is called made todayMIC (if in English)see picture.
Lastly, I don't want to talk to aggressive guys.
Today_MIC_nbd4ve.png

David
Mechanical project manager
JLFY technology company

You complain to me and don't help the person fix their problem. The person needs exactly that part, already made, ready to deliver, not pictures of other parts.

I am glad you know what it's for, but that means you also know it won't work for this. So why suggest it? He's looking for a standoff, not a die guide pin. Those are different items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back