Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Customer Defaults Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhag84

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2014
US
They save but they don't seem to be applied. They worked in NX 8.5 but not 9. I've saved the settings, rebooted NX rebooted PC.

I'm assuming this has something to do with how the company I work for has NX installed? (Read/Write settings) This particular computer has four different versions of NX on it.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you having trouble with a specific setting, or just the customer defaults in general?

Most (but not all) of the settings in the customer defaults are part specific. This means that the setting is applied at the time the part is created and it is saved with the part. Changing things in the customer defaults will (in general) not affect existing part files. To ensure that your customer default preferences have been saved correctly, try creating a brand new file (File -> new -> model -> blank). Check that the preferences in the new file match those specified in the customer defaults. If they match, then the customer defaults are being saved and applied correctly. If not, then there is a problem in your setup.

www.nxjournaling.com

I just created a new file, added a few threaded holes, a few thru holes and a counterbore. I checked my customer defaults and it was set to only pick up circles in modelling sketch.

I created a sketch and created circles around the thru holes only, yet the hole table called out all of the holes.

I know I can change the settings and update the table, but it never used to be like that. It would actually only call out what I had saved in my defaults(In 8.5 at least)

For what it's worth, I like the changes to the hole table in NX 9, very intuitive and customizable. ;)

jhag84 said:
I created a sketch and created circles around the thru holes only, yet the hole table called out all of the holes.

Are the other hole types turned off in your customer defaults? Were the circles added to the hole table (size and location)?

The "circles" option is not a setting that I've used before, but I interpret that setting to mean "treat circles in sketches as if they were a hole, add the size and location of the circles to the hole table". If the other hole types are turned on, they will still be included.

www.nxjournaling.com

No, only the circles in sketch model option is turned on in defaults.

When I make the hole table, it shows all holes, threaded, c'bore, thru, and sketch.

No, the customer defaults are all off except 'sketch holes in modeling'

The Preferences -> drafting -> table -> hole table -> hole filters has everything turned on.

The Customer Defaults for the 'Filter Settings' for Hole Tables are 'Part' specific, meaning that changing them in Customer Defaults will have NO effect on any existing NX part files, including template files. You will need to open these file and using the Drafting 'Settings', change them to what you want and then save the parts, and this includes your Drafting templates as well.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Okay, thanks for clarifying John, not exactly the answer I was hoping for but at least I know its not my installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back