Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customised hatching generation in drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyx82

Automotive
Dec 25, 2008
DE
Hey guys, is there any way to "stop" Catia hatching or even sectioning round or shafted parts in a assembly section, I don't know maybe some customizing drafting standards may do the trick?
Oh and where can I say that in an assembly section the implicit hatching should be no other than 45 degree tilted, I believe that tweaking a little bit the generative drafting standards should help me but I'm nut shore where...Thx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to assign material to the PartBody. Under the property page of the material --> Drawing -- set the hatch to your preference.
You can create your own material catalog and store your company preferences.
Also, at the assembly level, property page of the CATPart. From here you can go to drafting tab and play with some options.

Regards,
Derek

Thanks a lot Derek i will try that, I'm pretty shore it will work but the thing is that I would have liked a method to customize my hatch setting without having to apply material to the parts, think about a mold assembly or a progressive stamp witch can have up to 700 elements or more, that could be pretty annoying. (besides hatching all the screws, pins, etc. could create confusion or bad perception when making a section through the tool)

I can double-check the steps when I go back in to work tomorrow, but for now...

In the Drawing file:
-Select the View
-Right-mouse-button and look for Overload Properties (it might be 1-2 flyout levels deep)
-There you can select "exclude from cutting in Section View" or something like that.

*or*

In Assembly/Product file:
-Right-mouse-button the component and choose Properties.
-There you can select "exclude from cutting in Section View" or something like that.

zyx82, you can calculate mold weight and center of gravity for a single point pickup if you fill in density under the material property pages.

Regards,
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back