Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cut Lists properties and Smart Fasteners Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

64Impala

Mechanical
Apr 26, 2006
US
Hi -

I found this website through a search engine, so its my first time posting in here. I've been using SW since '97, in product design. I'm starting a car restoration business so I've JUST started using the weldment/cutlist function of SW.

I'm working on a design that is built out of structural steel (tube and plate) and I've built it using the weldment feature in SW. I have two questions, both related to the same project.

First Question.

The design has several plate gussets (created using the gusset feature on the weldment toolbar) that measures 10"x10"x0.25 thick. When I create the cutlist table in my drawing, I get a cut dimension of 14.162 which is the cut accros the diagonal. I need the length x width dimension. I'm assuming that I need to do a custom property in the cutlist.

How would I use the custom property screen to link to the D1 and D2 dimesions on the weldment gusset feature? (I hope that question makes sense)

Second Question:

I'm using the smart fastener feature in my assembly (made up of several weldments). When putting a bolt through a hole, (holes created with the hole wizard) I'm not getting the option of a "BOTTOM STACK". As a result, I can't put the nut/washer on the end of the bolt. Is there something I'm doing wrong that I'm not getting the bottom stack option?

Thanks for all the help!
Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1) In the part model, RMB the Cut List Item and choose Properties. That is where you set the data for the Cutlist that appears in the drawing.

2) I haven't used SmartPasteners so I don't know.

Ken

Just for the second issues: In your HoleWizard holes, do you use though all correclty instead of blind with a huge value for the last hole? Smart Fastners also work better if you do your holes as long series, this is, in context of the assembly instead on doing in on the part level.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back