Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cutting Plane/Section View

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo12

Mechanical
May 27, 2003
CA

Hi,

When a cutting plane is created in different levels,the change in level is shown as a thick line in the section view. Is there any way to change this default line to other type of lines like chain line. I know I can change the styles in the format command,but specifically where to change this cutting plane problem?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well your on the right track. Go into your format style box(Modify Dimension Style). The settings you are looking for are on the Annotation tab.

Thanks Bmurphy,

What I am looking is different. In the section view,the change in cutting plane is repreented by a thick line between the hatch, Can I change this thick line to other lines, If you can send me your email id,I could mail you the details.
E-mail: "jj-gg@bigfoot.com"

Thanks

I know this may not be what you're looking for, but is the only way I can find to change the line style. Under properties, display of the section view, you can change the visible line style to what ever you want. Only problem is that it includes all visible line styles for that view. As far as I can see, you can not change only the two section lines.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back