Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cycloid gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

didear

Mechanical
Aug 29, 2003
US
I'm building 1 large mechanical wall clock and I need AutoCad 14 drawings of the gears for water jet cutting out of aluminum. The largest gear has a 25.5" Pitch Dia. and has 60 teeth. The smallest pinion has a 3.4" Pitch Diameter and 8 teeth. The Pitch is about .425. I have drawn some gears with a basic formula, but I'm wondering if there are any other formulas out there, or existing drawings I can scale for Cycloid Gears (has to be cycloid). Or if someone wants to do a little project. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

didear

Take a look at British Standard 978: Part I to III: 1952 (UDC 621.833:681-2), GEARS FOR INSTRUMENTS AND CLOCKWORK MECHANISMS. Part 2 is about Cycloidal Type Gears.

didear,

email me with all your detail gear information at mhawkns@aol.com. I can supply autocad cycloidal gears very rapidly. They will not be to the British Standard, as that would take me more time to research and generate. The tooth forms will be cycloidal, and will work well for a new clock, however would not be appropriate for restoration of an old clock. An old clock would want an identical tooth form as used previously. I can turn around tonight and email the files.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back