Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAR structure book

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimz

Feb 20, 2008
CA
Hello all,

I am looking for a reference on stress applied to interior structures... I will give a more specific example...

I would like to analyse the airworthiness of an overhead bin on a A310 or B767. To do so, I need to provide a DAR with a structural report. I am looking for a guide book that will help me write this report. Something that will tell me which attachments to analyse, what type of stress to look for, what this stress will look like.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i would have thought the DER would have been able to help you, other than that the guide book is probably FAR25 !

an overhead bin has lots of "issues" ... the baggage load, crasj loads (9g fwd, 3g side), flight loads (xg up/down ... this is probably the hardest one for find ... conservative guess is 9g), handling loads, materials (flammability).

once you've defined the strength requirements, it may be easier to test the thing rather than FE and composite panel analysis (but then i'm an old f**t who doesn't like composites much).

thanks guys I found exactly what I was looking for in google: GAMA publication no.13: CABIN INTERIOR MONUMENT
STRUCTURAL SUBSTANTIATION METHODS

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back