Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dart- NX Sheetmetal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Rossly I've done a few of these. It's pretty simple in NX5. See the model attached as a quick example.

In a nutshell you have to:

1. create your sheet metal part with a bend
2. create your desired dart shape as a solid body
3. Add in the dart body to your sheet metal part using add component & constrain it so it interferes with the sheet metal flange you want to 'dart' into.
4. Wave link the dart part in the sheet metal part
insert->associative copy->wave linker->Type:body.
NOTE: settings-you need associative on.
5. Once you've got the 'linked body' node in the history tree - Use solid punch command; pick the outer bend rad surface -enter, then the wave linked body - enter. then your dart will be added to the sheet steel part.
6. Once your dart is in place you can swap into modeler and add in some rounds to finish the job.

Have fun.

heres a quick NX 5 file to illustrate.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d48b063c-b9d1-4f9f-b85d-4db32afdaa4e&file=dart.zip
RobLN,
Thanks for the demo. That is what I was thinking had to be done, about 5 years ago that is what I did. Since then I have been using V5 and they have a DART command that takes care of all that. Really nice, I was thinking that in NX5 it would now have something like that. Maybe soon, no biggie though.

Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back