DATA NOT RECEIVE USING FIBER OPTICAL MULTIPLEXER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEMPE16524

Mechanical
Feb 17, 2008
SG
dear all,

I am dealing with an underwater vehicle.
actually this is my first time facing this issue after so many years of working with the same fiber optical multiplexer (see attachment page 3.8).
the card is 907 Plus multiplexer (with remote card at one end and console card at the other end).
It has 4 video, 4 rs232 and 2 rs485.

I tested my vehicle telemetry data to go through the card (with 2000 meters of fiber) and I received the data perfectly on the other end (tested on all RS232 channels).
When I tested the RS232 channels with other sensors (TSS440- and a RS232 Super Seaking Sonar ( I could not get any data through it, whereas if I use hard wire (very short lenght, not using the fiber), I got all the data displayed correctly on the computers.

then I tried to use a cheap China made gyro compass unit (WT901C-232) I faced same problem again, still could not get through the fiber but it is fine using hard wire.

So, I decided to change the fiber optical multiplexer using a cheap China fiber multiplexer, with the only data:
4 channels video +4 channels 232
Number of video ports: 4 video channels
Number of data ports: 4 channels 232
Optical interface: single-mode single-fiber Fibre Channel optical interface
Video format: PAL/NTSC/SECAM automatically compatible
Video sampling: 20MHz high-speed sampling
Video bandwidth: 8MHz
Video SNR: S/N≥67dB (weighted)
Video interface: BNC
Route number and direction: 4 route 232
Bandwidth: 180Kbps
Standard: RS-232
Bit error rate: < Ten to nine
Interface type: Wiring terminal

WhatsApp_Image_2023-11-06_at_9.15.30_AM_tly0hb.jpg

WhatsApp_Image_2023-11-06_at_11.40.47_AM_j7yvsk.jpg

WhatsApp_Image_2023-11-06_at_11.40.48_AM_dewloc.jpg

again, I faced same problem (all video is okay, vehicle data telemetry is okay except the data from the sensors).
can someone give some thought or idea on anything that I should do and did I miss something please?

R.Efendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back