Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decimal places 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars1978

Mechanical
Dec 30, 2015
NL
I've inserted a part attribute into a note to display the length of the centre bend line.

This is really nice exept i'd like to show this with fewer decimal places....

Capture1_wtiy40.png

Any suggestions?

Lars
NX12.0.1.7 native
Solid Edge ST10
Inventor

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One method would be to use a tabular note, create a reference to the attribute in one cell and format the cell accordingly.

Another way would be to reference the attribute expression directly, then you can use the formatting to control the number of decimal places. For example, if the attribute expression is "p0", the note would look something like: "Length: <X0.2@p0>mm". Where the "0.2" represents the formatting (leading zero and 2 decimal places).

www.nxjournaling.com

Cowski,

How can I reference the attribute expression directly. I was infact searching for these ("Length: <X0.2@p0>mm") kind of writing.

Lars

Lars
NX12.0.1.7 native
Solid Edge ST10
Inventor

Below is from a post I responded to on here several years ago.

<X1.4@p1>

Where p1 is the expression and X1.4 is what controls how the number is displayed.
The "1" (after the X) signifies that the zero before the decimal is displayed (if the number is less than one) - if that number is a "0" then nothing will appear before the decimal point.
The "4" signifies how many digits passed the decimal point will be displayed.

so if p1=.31244733456
it will appear as 0.3124

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

Jerry,

Maybe a simple question. In mij screenshot the attribute is displayed as: <WRef1*0@lengte>mmm. This is different from the <X1.4@p1>

I mean when it works my length had to show up as 0 places behind the point displayed?

Lars

Lars
NX12.0.1.7 native
Solid Edge ST10
Inventor

It still doesn't give an answer on the question, right? At least I didn't find it.
How can I get less decimals with the WRef1*0 annotation?

Groeten, Michel

I use NX10
HP Z420 Intel Xeon 3.2GHz
Quadro K4000 3GB
64GB Memory
Windows 7, 64-bit

A leading Dutch institute in atomic and subatomic physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back