Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deformable component limits and part family

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpopkov

Mechanical
May 20, 2013
FI
Hi!
Can you please help me with one question, I use NX 8.5, TC 9.1 . I am modeling a deformable component based on expression of the component length. Later I define a part family with multiple lengths.
Each length can deform to some certain min/max values, which I have as expressions in part family. When I try to put the expressions into the deformable length limits (deformable component dialog, expression rules) the system does not allow it...
Is there any way to make the system give a warning when the deformable length is out of its limit in assembly?

Thank you in advance!
Alexander.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should be able to wavelink the min/max equations into your assembly. Then take an associative measurement of your deformable length and create an HOC requirement.

when your in the expression menu , click on the button near the bottom of the menu that says "NEW REQUIREMNT" when you hover over it. It is two buttons left of the delete expression button (black X icon).

You will have to play around with the feature to get an understanding of it. After a requirment is added it should show up in your part navigator in a folder above model history.

Yes! Thanks again. It works.
Do you know if it is actually possible to automatically create expression when a component is put into assembly? Or to do check mate for components being on assembly level?
In our case we have a large number of reusable deformable parts, the wavelinking is dramatically slowing down the process. I suppose I can make a boolean expression which would allow linking only single variable, but the process is still long...
Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back