Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deformation in CosmosXpress ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd be very interested in this functionality, does anyone know if there is any way to get it? including using other sw packages

I know this is a kludge, but it is the only way. Prior to running your analysis, see where Cosmos is wanting to place the data. It seems to like C:\temp. After running the analysis, look for a file like partname-COSMOSXpressStudy.OUT. This is a text file with the displacement values in METERS.

Mandrake,
I'm not too interested in precise displacement values, I'm more interested in getting a feel for the stiffness of parts under various loads. So what you suggest might work perfect for me.

thanks

Tom

Mandrake
Did they encrypt the file you referred to above? I’m using 2005 and the file you mentioned looks like gibberish. I used notepad, wordpad and word

I use an explorer alternative called Powerdesk that includes a viewer that can directly view or print the file. I also tried changing the extension to "txt" and notepad opened it up just fine.
All this seems to be moot since 2005 now displays the actual maximum deformation in your choice of units. I did a quick test and the value seems to agree the the previously mentioned file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back