Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete custom properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix027

Mechanical
Aug 31, 2002
BE
Hello,

Is it possible to delete the custom properties of a part of assemblie without opening the part of assemblie.
For example : outside solidworks for example with VBA ?

Thanks a lot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can have full access to the custom properties from the windows environment. Just right-click the file icon and you will find the custom properties tab.

This is only possible for "file level" custom properties. It is not possible to access configuration specific custom properties from outside SW.

[bat]All this machinery making modern music can still be open-hearted.[bat]

>>It is not possible to access configuration specific custom properties from outside SW

err, well, actually, it is, and Im doing this very thing.
Im scanning inside .sldprt and .sldasm files for new configurations.

The MS .tlb supplied only allows 'root' level access to the structured storage. There are other, more generic .tlbs out there that will tunnel down thru the storage further, but will only return the stream in a binary format. It is from there that I worked out the data involved in many of the streams.

check out the link:

This wont do all the work for you, but will get you past the 'top tier' that the MS-supplied tlb stops at

***warning**** sw04 has many changes in the storage! be forewarned!

Oh, and for the location of the config related stream, check out the 'CMgrHdr' stream (for older SW files) or the
'CMgrHdr2' for newer sw files

I saw it demo'd at the Midwest SW User Conf last week by its creator, a nice lady from Wisconsin who does custom API for hire. This is her pet project and it looked very useful. I've got the ver 2.1 and I'll be using it and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back