Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete File in PDMWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatwire

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2003
US
I have recently deleted some files from the vault by using the PDMWorks client. In addition to the vault, I have a copy of the files saved elsewhere on the network. After deleting the files, I decided that this was a mistake, and checked the copies that I had made into the vault with the same names as the old files. Now when I try to access the files in PDMWorks, they are not visible in the tree. However, if I try to check the copies of the files into the vault again, PDMWorks recognizes that the files are actually in the vault. Any thoughts on this one? I can't seem to find the file that PDMWorks is using to rebuild my vault tree, the tree.pdmw file doesn't seem to help here either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

flatwire,
If everything else fails, try rebooting your server. Every time we reboot it takes 45 minutes to re-link all files. Hope this helps. I am sure your VAR would know how to fix this.

Bradley

Stop the service > Start the service

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

A couple of questions:
What version of PDMWorks 2003 or 2004?
If you running PDMWorks 2004, do you have SP1 installed?

Our company recently had the same problem with PDMWorks and uninstalled 2004 and went back to the 2003 version. This problem has been identfied by SW and the fix is supposed to be in SP1 for 2004. Below is an email we received from our tech support.

"The problem with files disappearing from the vault when checked in (other than initial check in) has finally been duplicated thanks to all of your help! The problem has been submitted to SolidWorks development team under the reference number “SPR 193115.” Randy Pedersen who is the lead PDMWorks support technician for SolidWorks let me know in an e-mail that the release of service pack 1 is going to be delayed in an effort to get this problem fixed before its release. Hopefully it does make into service pack 1. I will be sure to inform all of you when this problem is resolved. If any of you have any questions please feel free to give me a call or reply to this e-mail."

Our company is on the 2003 version was thinking going back to 2004 next month. Please let me if there is still a problem.

Happy New, I think......[neutral]

Sorry, kinda just tuned everything out once I found the solution. I am running PDMWorks 2004 SP0. I'm running SolidWorks 2004 SP1. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back