Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deleting a feature in a pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrzebien

Industrial
Jul 1, 2005
US
Sorry for the stupid question but how do you delete few features out of a pattern? I have a large pattern of holes and need to selectively remove a few here and there.

Thanks
kgrzebien

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

By the way I am running Wildfire 2.0 and the pattern is done as a dimensional pattern, I have never tied a pattern table before. Probably sound strange coming from someone with 10 years usage.

BEST THING TO DO IS CONVERT IT FROM A DIM PATTERN TO A TABLE PATTERN
THEN GO EDIT/PATTERN TABLE
HIGHLIGHT TABLE 1 ACTIONS/WRITE
THEN ADD NEW TABLE FROM FILE
RENAME IT TABLE 2
ACTIVATE IT EDIT IT----DELETE ITEMS
THEN YOU CAN FAMILY TABLE IT OR LEAVE IT AS IS BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK TO WHAT YOU HAD BEFORE

First of all THANKS for the replys, Two more quick questions
can the pattern leader (base feature) be deleted from the pattern? and is there an easy way to find the ID for each instance so I tell which one I'm deleting. Does "!" comment out a line instead of deleting the instance
THANKS AGAIN

yes it can and
use info feature it shoots out the browser with the info
the prob with th ID sometimes is when you look them up in the table they may be off by 1 so in my method above create a 2nd table and active it regen to see it

I still can't figure out how to eliminate the first item on the pattern. I finaly figured out how to eliminate all the others but delteing the first item which has the driving dimensions is a mystery to me. Again THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back