Dell M4400, FX 1700M Crash on vista x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouing

Mechanical
Jun 8, 2007
CA
Hello,

I just got a Dell M4400 with the FX 1700M card on Vista x64. It crash to desktop when I try to insert a view when in 2D. Any experience with this setup? Error is sytematic and return that Nvidia must close SolidWorks 2009 sp2.1 (error 13)

Robin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Double check your video driver to ensure you are running the latest recommended by SolidWorks, and not just the latest released driver from Dell or NVidia.

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of these Forums?

SolidWorks do not test laptop card (my m70 is not there) on their website but the desktop équivalent is tested and approved. I have the latest drivers from Dell.

The drivers from Dell aren't not MS quality approved.

Laptop video2go have a drivers certified MS and SW do not crash but I still have some annoying glitch here and there. At least It doesn't seem to crash.

SW still did not test the FX 1700M up to now.

Glitches will happen... very little you can do about it. I have a Dell T3400 with a 1700 FX running Vista 64 and I will sometimes get ghosting... it has gotten better with the latest driver and SP of SW09, but I still see it sometimes. Not much you can do about it. IMO I just live with it.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I almost get everytime ghosting of the last item menu I clicked. It will stay on the graphic until another item takes its place of the "ghost item on the screen". The only way I found to get rid of it is to change resolution and cancel it to go back to the old resolution.

Do you have problem working with excel driven design table? I cannot use them ans this is tracked as an open issue at SW. I am on SP2.1

No, I'm a mech eng self employed in Montréal, Canada doing consulting design/FEA. I've experimented a lot of applicatin freeze too in Vista, including SW, office and image viewer up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back