Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Demolition of building in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM89

Civil/Environmental
Jul 2, 2013
US
Hi,
I working on demolition of a school building in NYC area. We are structural consultants working along with architect. I am not sure on how the submission of drawing works for this kinda job. Btw we submit our drawings to NYC parks and recreation department. Our job scope is essentially to ripped/demolish a one story school building. Does this mean my drawings should comply with 'BEST squad' checklist of required criteria. Or am i just expected to show the to be demolished portion of the building without getting into the means and methods of demolition sequence. Can anyone who has worked/working in the city share some of your experience.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, i just posted the same question in forum488: Demolition & renovation engineering, please post your reply there if you have something to share on this question.
Thanks again.

What do you mean by best squad checklist of required criteria? I would think the building dept would be interested in reviewing the demo drawings also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back