demonstration installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncasaleiro

Electrical
Jan 3, 2011
PT
Hi

Someone can give information if i can put an demonstration installation with produts without UL certification yet.
The objective it's promote a company and our products.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on many things. Here are a few.
What is "IT"?
Where is 'IT" installed?
What codes/rules/regulations will the product need/should it be certified to?
Are you willing to take on the 100% risk if that product causes an issue/fire/death,etc?

Our demonstration installation would be telemetry for a gas installation. only telemetry don t have UL certification yet. But have IECx and ATEX,its guaranty safe.

I really think its up to the end user (your customers) and their internal standards/procedures. Like I said in your other post I have some customers (I'm in the telecom market) that won't allow us to install anything that has not passed safety certification, then others who will require us to sign a document stating we are liable for any issues that may arise, and some that have no problems installing prototypes without any testing..

I've never had to deal with ATEX/IECx so I'm far from an expert but those standards alone do NOT guarantee operator/user safety for anything but that it won't explode right... Those standards don't cover things like shock hazards,etc.. correct.

You need to talk to your customers and see what they require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back