Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design aspects of a cement grinding unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunmrao

Materials
Oct 1, 2000
IN
I manufacture castings for wear applications. However I am not familiar with the design of internals of a ball mill. I shall be glad if some individual or institution can be of help. This I need as I am encountering some prpblems during spares manufacture.Thanks in advance

Dr Arun Rao

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you could state the problems you are facing it would be easier to let you know some information as required.The main actions taking place in a ball mill are cascading & cateracting actions by balls of differnnt sizes.Mill is lined from inside by liners of Mn steel casting & the grinding ball used in the mill are of Cr steel casting.High Cr casting in first chamber [say 17 to 20%]& lesser Cr in the second chamber[say12 to 15 %]. The mill shell is of BQ quality steel.Other important parts are trunion, its bearing etc. You may be having this information with you. I am sure you are not looking thie type of prelimanary information.Other information may be posted such as hardness requirement etc if required.But please specify your problems/requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back