Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

design climate data for mexico cities 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allgreatmen

Mechanical
Apr 1, 2004
US
Does anyone have a good source for design cooling climate data for Cabo San Lucas? I can't get that close using ASHRAE Fundamentals and am into a bit of an argument with a local contractor who uses a "rule of thumb" to establish cooling loads.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you had someone in your office who spoke Spanish, you could possibly call down there and talk to the airport or weather stations who usually keep yearly logs on temps, wind, etc. If not use a similar latitude close to the one you are looking at and use ASHRAE again.

For sub tropical region I would base my ambient conditions at 120 dF and 100% RH without any trees surrounding the acienda. With trees covering the acienda, use 100 dF and 100%RH

I'd barely design a steam room for 120F and 100%RH. Typically a steam room at 105F is sufficient.

I've decided I need more tropical clients. I could really use a site visit in Cabo San Lucas right now...

chico

Sorry to be anal, but you could not even shed body heat by evaporation under those conditions. All the Indians would have died, no one could live there.

I looked at last year, they can hit 100F or so, I never went and picked a wet bulb to go with it. But that site showed they did hit a dewpoint of about 84F, which I get down here sometimes, so I would make sure I could hold humidity under control when a tropical system went by and it was overcast, no sunshine and an 80 dewpoint. So call it 80F and 80%RH to size the moisture load.

Any system that can handle that as well as a drybulb up around 100 (when it will be a lot less humid) would be fine

Take the "V" out of HVAC and you are left with a HAC(k) job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back