Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DESIGN I-SECTION WITH WEB OPENINGS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

imatoric

Structural
Nov 21, 2006
HR
- needed help with design I-sections with web openings, i prefer Eurocode... If anybody have any paper or links...
Thanks
Ivan Matoric

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I just took a gander for the AISC publication... and the errata for it is pretty comprehensive. It might be a good place to start... other than the CISC manual (I don't know if you have access to the Canadian pub...

thank You for information i will check it now ... I don't have access to Canadian pub but nevertheless it's good start for explore.. Thanks once more!

One very good resource is Design of Welded Structures by Blodgett. It is published by the Lincoln Weld Society or something, but it is very inexpensive about $25, and has a lot of information.I would recommend it for any steel designer

As valleyboy mentioned there is free software in the UK for the design of cellular beams.

He mentioned fabsec who manufacture there cell beams from welded plates.
There is another company call Westok ( who manufacture cell beams by cutting rolled I sections long the web with a pattern and then weld the two halves back together to create a deeper beam with openings in the web (They have free software also which will design to both to BS5950 and EC3.
The output from the software should be able to help you see the design process.

As for a reference SCI Publication 100 - Design of composite and non-composite cellular beams is good. (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back