Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design of Gasoline/Diesel fuel pumps for School District Transportation Bldg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

232gulfstream

Mechanical
Aug 24, 2020
US
I received a call from a school district we do quite a bit of work at about replacing their existing pumps within their bus yard. The pumps are dated and are in need of replacement. I've never done design/permit drawings for something like this but I am sure our firm is capable of this. This project is located in NJ and I am just wondering is it as simple as getting the cut sheet information from the pump vendor and making sure we have the correct size piping and electrical power available at each pump? Are there any special code requirements we should be concerned about? All ICC codes are very limited in terms of requirements for this type of work.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To pull gasoline up from the tank, one of two kinds of pumps are used: submersible or suction. A submersible pump sits in the gasoline and uses an impeller to push the gasoline up. A suction pump uses pressure to suck gasoline up.

Leave pump repairs to the experts. Those require special training and expertise.

Gas Station Upgrade

Gas Station Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back