Design of reinforced concrete helical staircase using Euroode2 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadjou laura

Student
Aug 1, 2024
TN
Hi

My name is Boris. A new member of the forum.

Usually in Eurocode for design of reinforced concrete theoritically we read from CHART(TABLES 177 of REYNOLDS AND STEEDMAN, 2005]. From this chart we can easily do the structural analysis or calculate the forces (vertical shear, radial horizontal shear, Axial forces, Torsion, horizontal moment, vertical moment at different angles.

Where can i find this chart please?? I Searched it on google but can't find it. please is there any document where i can get this chart from??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yeah Sir @Bulb the Builder, trying to do manual calculation. Analysis using Moment distribution method will de done on the north facade frame, cause circular columns are easily aligned.

will update the GA plans with circular columns in open spaces such as restaurants and sports halls. Thanks for the recommendation Sir @Bulbthebuilder.

sometimes when i merge files the forums doesn't open the file, that's why i send one by one files

let me ask you these questions.

Do you know what you're supposed?
Do you understand what you are doing?
And most importantly, is this your master's thesis and is it due September (next month)?

So far, this thread has not addressed the design of a reinforced concrete helical staircase, the topic stated in the title. Instead, it seems to be focusing on numerous aspects of building design.

If this is a school project, we probably should not be getting involved with the design of the building.

That is true but I think for master's finding information and seeking advice from industry experts counts towards your skills.

From what I have also observed, students get the best help based on the questions they ask, they response, input, re-submitting revised calculations here. So, it might not represent the work of the student fully, but I will give them some credit for the effort. It is a grey topic, but I totally agree with you.

Hi Sir @BulbTheBuilder;

Thanks a lot for the time and comment spent on the GA plans. Actually i designed it in the software, but didn't update some beam section even though can we seen visually that the section can't pass the design. Here is the GA plans updated.

The 20cm thick slab pass the design, just that there will be adequate workmanship during the execution process.

Yeah Sir @BulbTheBuilder, started the project a couple of months now, and had to a lot of time to figure out the limit of slab, position of column, and having a stable model in robot structural analysis was quite a challenge.

I know there's a bulk of work, like vibration analysis, retaining wall, shear wall, spiral and nen rectangular landing staircase and (still in manual calculation of frame which with an effort will be finished by tommorow) but trying the best to do as much as i can.

Here's the updated GA plans + the 20cm slab thickness design on the comment

I appreciate again your time

Boris

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0f514755-31fc-42c8-bc4e-453b2826a359&file=1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_merged.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back