Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design tables using excel sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay24

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2003
IN
Hi Everybody!!

I have a part with 10 different types and each type has around 10-15 configurations. I have to create a single Design table such that access to each type with each configuration is possible. I mean, when I click on 1st type and its 1st configuration in the Design table, I have to see only that particular type and configuration in the workbench, hiding or deactivating all other types. How is this possible? I'll appreciate discussions and replies.

Thanx in advance.

Jayant

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, you can do table configurations, but, without a PDM system, the last configuration saved will be what is visible when you see it in any assemblies, unless the part is renamed. (I use R10Sp5). As long as your table is set up right, all the correct parameters will change to what is set in that configuration. As long as your model is set up to accept these paraemters correctly (which sometimes requires the use of rules especially if changing material between configurations for an example).

Look in the help page or the COE proceedings for more examples.

Hi,

Have 1 main body with 10 (types) bodies inside, use boolean operation ASSEMBLE

Then for each boolean op use the ACTIVITY parameter (true/fasle) in the design table.

Then add other parameters for the 10-15 configurations.

Then play with excel...

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back