Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design/Visualization Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

thixoguy

Automotive
Feb 2, 2006
CA
Hi All,

I am working in a very large assembly which is comprised of several sub assemblies so I must work in cache mode as I cannot open the entire assy without Catia crashing. There are links between parts in several of the sub assemblies. My question whenever I change data in a part in one sub assembly which is linked to parts in other sub assemblies, how can I be absolutely sure that all models are up to date. What I have been doing thus far is changing each subassembly from visualization to design mode, updating the entire sub assembly, saving and then turning it back to visualization. I find this very time consuming but it seems to work. Is there any way that I can identify only the files that need updating so I need to only load those files? Can anyone suggest some best practices?

Thanks in advance,
thixoguy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thixoguy - have some faith in V5, that little hurricane swirl of a button works wonders. You should still be aware of updates due to items created as datum.
Check out Tools --> Parameterization analysis, there is a filter for waiting for updates.

Regards,
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back